Thursday, January 01, 2015

Jesus Watched Him Go...

Luke 18:24
"Jesus watched him go and then said to his disciples, 'How hard it is for rich people to get into the Kingdom of God!'"

First off I want everyone reading this to know that this post is NOT about money, in fact we are not even talking about the words that Jesus spoke in the verse above. Instead I want you to read the first four words of this verse, "Jesus watched him go...", it seems an interesting place to stop doesn't?  As I was studying this chapter those four words stopped me in my tracks. Some translations say "He saw this, and then said..." but to me it doesn't leave the same impression as this one does. He watched the rich man walk away. Jesus literally sat there and watched this man turn his back and walk away from him, and can you just imagine the pain that Jesus must have felt in His heart?

When I read the rest of the verse I stopped and allowed it to really sink in and this is what was in my head, let me just kind of paint a picture for you. Jesus has answered the rich man's question, now all is silent as the rich man turns and walks away, and just imagine Jesus probably watched this man, silently, until he disappeared from sight. His eyes probably filled with tears as His heart ached in His chest from heartbreak. Then he spoke to His disciples. I wonder if when the first few words of that sentence left His mouth, if maybe His voice cracked a little... if maybe as He spoke He kept His eyes fixed in the direction that the rich man had walked...

Now just think about it for a second... He has looked at each one of us the same way. When we lived for the world instead of Him, when we have went our way instead of listening to His voice, when we have strayed off, He watched us walk away each time.... and each and every time... he has stood there arms stretched wide....scars exposed on his hands.....waiting for us to run back to Him. So my question is, where are you? Is your back turned to Jesus? Is He watching you go your own way? If so then what are you waiting for? Run into the arms of Jesus, tell Him how sorry you are, and remember that His scars are there because He loves you more than words can explain so to show you He allowed nails to be driven through His hands and feet.... He poured out His blood, so that your sins could be forgiven and you could be washed whiter than snow.

I pray that this has touched your heart the way it touched mine when God spoke it to my heart. I love you all!!! May you be blessed so very richly this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment