Friday, August 22, 2014

The Sovereign Word of God

The Word of God is sovereign, holy and to be taken seriously. My heart is broken at the number of people from different God believing religions who pick and choose what the want to follow or believe out of The Bible. This may be a longer devotional than usual but let's set things straight and if I offend you I am sure that you can find the "unfollow" button or simply stop typing in the URL, depending on where you are reading this. It won't hurt my feelings, I will pray for you, and we can remain friends.

As I was saying, to be clear. There are 66 books in the bible, there is an Old Testament and a New Testament. BOTH are equally important and NEITHER should EVER be forgotten or downgraded! The trinity is super important and yes, it does exist. (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). This is NOT to be mistaken as serving three separate gods. There is only one God, but three persons (that is my extent of explaining the trinity at this time). Jesus IS the Son of God. He is fully God and fully man but either way He was/is sinless. Jesus was NOT just some prophet claiming to be the Messiah, He IS the Messiah. There is a VERY REAL place called Heaven and PLEASE understand HELL IS REAL!! It's not a scary story for parents to get their kids to act right it is REAL!!!! I don't want to be too harsh about this but at the same time you need to understand if you don't get right with God you are looking at an eternity in hell... hell is not a place to party with all of your drinking buddies or do everything that you like to do up here now, you will suffer for eternity there.

The gospel can be put in many different ways (all meaning the same thing) but really at it's simplest form, it comes down to this:

Jesus came to earth and lived a sinless life.
Jesus died on the cross for our sins
Three days later Jesus rose from the dead
40 days after his resurrection Jesus ascended to the Father
and... Here is the big one... HE IS COMING BACK!

No matter what you believe grace is for EVERYONE!!! "God so loved the WORLD..." (John 3:16) that means me, you, the person holding a sign on the street, the person tending bar, your boss, your co-workers, and the list can go on and on and on. The fact is, at least before the rapture, there aren't just 144,000 of us going to heaven or "elect" ones, when the world comes to an end. Now just because God loves us does NOT mean that He loves our sin. You aren't supposed to be going out and getting drunk or even staying in and doing so. If you really want to get technical because your body is "the temple of the Holy Spirit..." (1 Corinthians 6:19) that means you shouldn't be putting ANY toxins in your body which means you shouldn't be smoking either. Let me take it just a step further here you shouldn't have obscene words coming out of your mouth either (Colossians 3:8). If you don't know what the word obscene means off the top of your head, it means profanity or cussing. My point?

STOP PICKING AND CHOOSING WHAT YOU WANT TO FOLLOW FROM THE WORD OF GOD AND START FOLLOWING THE WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not apologize for my ranting here, or for offending you because I did it out of love. I love each and every last one of you because God loves you. I want you to see Heaven and ALL it's splendor.... I have brothers and sisters in different parts of the world who are dying because they REFUSE to deny Jesus.... They aren't backing down... so why in the world should I or any other Christian for that matter, back down?

May the Lord impress on your heart the seriousness of this devotional. I love you all so much with the love of Jesus. May the Lord bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment