Friday, May 03, 2013

Can You Ever Forgive Yourself?

I want you all to consider something. It's not something hard or even something new, in fact it's something that most, if not all of you have heard throughout your lives. God forgives. If you will sincerely ask, and if you will humble yourself and ask for Him to have mercy and forgive you, He will!

1 John 1:9 (NIV)
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 

In fact! His word tells us that He not only forgives the sin He 'blots out our sin, and remembers it no more'

Isaiah 43:25 (NASB)
"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins."

Hebrews 10:17 (NASB)
"AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."

I'm reading a book right now called 'Holiness, Truth, and the Presence of GOD' by Francis Frangipane. It's a great book and I encourage you all to read it but I want to put something that I read in here. 

**"Let me share an experience. A certain man of God had been gifted with revelatory insight into people's lives. During an evening service he ministered to a Presbyterian pastor and his wife. By the gift of the Spirit, he revealed the couple's past, uncovered their present situation, and then disclosed to them what was to come. This work of God greatly impressed the couple, and as the prophecies were fulfilled, one month later the Presbyterian minister brought two other pastors, each with their wives, to another service for personal ministry.   The word of knowledge was exceptionally sure that night, and the second minister and his wife marveled at the accuracy and truth in the prophetic word. The third couple stepped forward for ministry, and again the word of knowledge was present. The prophet spoke to the husband, revealing his past, present, and insight into his future. Then the man of God turned to this third minister's wife. As he began to speak of her past, suddenly he stopped. 'There was a very serious sin in your past.' The woman, with her worst fear upon her, turned pale and closed her eyes. The congregation hushed and moved to the edge of their seats.    The prophet continued, 'And I asked the Lord, 'What was this sin that she committed ' And the Lord answered, 'I do not remember!'''**

How awesome is that?!? He doesn't remember your sin!!! Some of you need to go back and read that a few thousand times, just that one sentence. Go ahead, I promise you won't miss anything, I'll wait...... Some of you need to take that into your heart and hold it their.

The enemy is called the great accuser for a reason. He will bring up something that is buried so deep in your past it shouldn't even be in your memory bank. God has already forgiven you, and yet when Satan brings up your sin he makes sure to fill you with guilt and shame, chaining that sin to you so that it drags you down.

I want you to imagine, just for a minute Jesus looking at you with tear filled eyes, pain stricken across his face and saying "can you ever, forgive yourself?" STOP!!!! Go ahead and go back, because some of you assumed and skipped over that last part. NOT 'forgive me.' but 'forgive yourself' How can God forgive and forget our sin if you don't put it behind you and accept and embrace His forgiveness? Now imagine Him again, the same look of pain except this time I want you to do something that might be quite hard for some of you, I want you to imagine the crown of thorns on His head, the blood running down His face, imagine Him, just for a moment, beaten beyond recognition. Now, imagine Him saying "I died so that my father could forgive you. He sent me to save you. PLEASE accept His forgiveness." It hurts doesn't it. You can almost hear the hammer hitting the nails. Some of you may say this is too far, but that image, is what happened to our savior so that we could be saved!! What is the truth even worth if we water it down or make it 'pretty'. The answer is NOTHING! Watered down truth is nothing but a lie.

I want to do something a little different to close this post. Below I have typed two prayers one is for believers/followers you can put it any way you want, this is just to give you can idea, this is my prayer. The second prayer is for the non-believers, the non followers who want to trust God and follow Him. For those who want to accept and embrace the fathers forgiveness. You may know it well because it is the prayer of salvation.

Believers/followers prayer:
God I'm so sorry. You have so willingly forgiven me and yet I allow the enemy to convict me of my past sins, I allow him to chain me to it and drag me down. Forgive me, not just for my sins but for taking what your son did for granted. You sent Him to pour out His blood, to be brutally beaten, and nailed to a cross so that we could be saved! I love you Lord. I am so thankful that you love me enough to blot out my sins. Help me to never again take for granted what you did for us. In your sons most precious, beautiful, MIGHTY name I pray, Amen. 

Prayer of salvation (if you need to reaffirm your faith as a believer that's okay too:))
Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you died on the cross for my sins, and right now, I want to turn from my sins and open my heart and life toward you and accept you as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you Jesus for saving me. 

I want to personally welcome you to the family of Christ!! This really truly is the best decision you will ever make. Please understand that because you have made this decision does not mean that life is going to be easy. The enemy fights what he doesn't like and he really doesn't like what you just did. But trust in the father and He will give you a strength unlike any other! I want to encourage you to get plugged in with a church that is available to you, sometimes you may not feel comfortable in that church and you may want to try a different church and that's okay. You may like the first church you go to and feel at home there, don't give up. Let God lead you. Listen to the still small voice within you, He will make sure you are where He wants you. Don't just profess your faith friend live it!! He loves you unlike any other:) I'm praying for you, and if you'd like feel free to contact me (info in announcement section) I'm always willing to pray with you. 

I want to leave you with this verse that I find very encouraging and I hope you will find it encouraging as well:

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

May our father bless you with peace, strength, courage, and boldness! I love you in Jesus today friend!!!! =)




 *Please excuse any typos that may be in the bit from 'Holiness, Truth, and the Presence of GOD' the bit comes from page(s) 34 starting in the second paragraph and ending on page 35 with the first two lines of the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment